Problems with compilation in SGI

G. Zacharioudakis GIORGOS at ers.bham.ac.uk
Fri Nov 24 07:00:00 EST 1995

Hi netters,

During the last days I am trying to compile GRASS in a Silicon
Graphics platform but we got the latest SGi model with 6000 chip.
So there is not an 'official' header for this.
I had input the 5.2 header obtained by Bill Brown and started the
compilation.

The first error that I faced was somewhere in the middle of the
lists/GRASS directory. It was the r.mapcalc command.
The structure is src/raster/r.mapcalc/mapcalc/convert.c

In this file during the compilation I got the error message:
"Line 45 declaration is incompartible with previous
get_buiffer_from_pool (declared at line 12)."

What I am generally doing is copying the problematic file and then
try to correct the 'possible' error and then start the compilation
again. In this  way I do not lose or destroy the original file.

Any advice or comments will be appreciated.....

Thanks very much.
Giorgos

Giorgos Zacharioudakis
School of Earth Sciences