Scanning maps and GRASS

Casey Claiborne mskc at io.com
Fri Nov 3 07:00:00 EST 1995

Hello,
        I am looking someone who knows a bit about GRASS. I was hoping that
they could take out a few moments to answer a question for me.

Suppose I have a map of a city. Is it possible to scan in this map and use
it successfully with GRASS? I know a little about maps but I don't know much
when it comes to getting them into the computer. What exactly must one do to
get a map into the computer and to use the map with GRASS?  I would *greatly
appreciate* any help or any suggestions as to where I can locate the answer.

Thanks in advance

Casey

One must note the importance of setting reasonable and achievable goals for
                    "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time"
                               -Theodore Roosevelt