Input of Raster Bitmaps

Wilhelm Hagg hagg at ipf.bau-verm.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Oct 19 08:00:00 EDT 1995

Hi,

I am loocking for a tool to import TIFF or PBM Bitmap Images into
GRASS.

Using r.in.ppm I need a ppm-file which is 24 times larger
than the bitmap file. This is a problem using images of about
12000 by 12000 pixels. To use r.in.sunrast i have to convert to
sun-rasterfile. I got the same problem (r.in.sunrast dont accept
images with 1 bit depth) and in addition, my converting tool
(pnm-tools) got out of memory, because it tried to allocate
memory for the whole image.

Does anybode have an idea how to solve the problem ?

Thanks in advance,

  Wilhelm Hagg
--
Wilhelm Hagg, Institute of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
Karlsruhe University, Englerstr. 7, D-76128 Karlsruhe
Email: hagg at ipf.bau-verm.uni-karlsruhe.de
WWW: http://www-ipf.bau-verm.uni-karlsruhe.de/Personen/hagg/hagg.html