mode function in r.mapcalc

Lars Schylberg larss at fmi.kth.se
Tue Oct 17 08:00:00 EDT 1995

> Is there no mode function in r.mapcalc? (ie a function that will
> return the mode of an list of numbers of indefinate length, like
> max or min) and does anyone have a snippet of script to get around
> this.

There is no mode function in the current release.  But there will be
one in the next release of Grass.  I have contributed that function
two or three years ago.  But it was to late for the 4.1 version since
it didn't have any beta testing period. I have also shown the src-code
on this list once or twice in the past. I guess I could send it to
persons that are interested or to place the funtion on moon.

Lars

Lars Schylberg                       Email: lasc at celsiustech.se
CelsiusTech IT                          or: larss at fmi.kth.se
S-175 88 Jarfalla                    Tel.   +46 8 580 847 03
Sweden                               Fax.   +46 8 580 123 20