ps.map page size

Jim & Mary Anne Schmidt avenues at sonnet.com
Thu Oct 12 08:00:00 EDT 1995

I have been using the Linux version of GRASS downloaded from the moon. I am
attempting to plot out a 7.5 minute quad sheet at 1:24000 scale on an HP
DesignJet 650c with no postscript cartridge. I have succeeded in getting a
plot using a combination of ps.map and Ghostscript v3.33 which converts the
postscript file to a DesignJet format. However, ps.map seems to only create
8-1/2 x 11 page size plots. I have tried creating a postscript device file
and selecting it with ps.select, but no matter what page size parameters I
put in the file, ps.map always adjusts the scale so that the plot will fit
on the default page size.
Has anyone using the GRASS/LINUX combination succeeded in using ps.map to
create larger plots, with or without a postscript cartridge?

Thank you for your assistance.

Jim Schmidt
avenues at sonnet.com
Columbia College