MAP projection book

dww D.W.Wheatley at soton.ac.uk
Thu Oct 12 05:59:37 EDT 1995

On Wed, 11 Oct 1995 ng at rti-md.com wrote:

> I have used a MAP's projections book from USGS. I do not recall
> the title and how to get it. Can somebody tell me how and where
> I can get the book?

Just guessing, but you may mean "Cartograpic Projection Procedures for
the UNIX Environment - A User's Manual" by Gerald I Evenden. This is
essentially the manual for PROJ.4, the projection filter, but also
contains descriptions and illustrations of many different projections.

You can obtain it with the source code for PROJ.4, by anonymous ftp from
charon.er.usgs.gov.

David Wheatley
Department of Archaeology,
University of Southampton,