Spatial Stats add-ons?

Wendelin Reich wreich at gwdg.de
Sun Sep 24 10:13:01 EDT 1995

On 21 Sep 1995, Joe E. Meisel wrote:

> Does anybody know of some spatial statistic packages that will work on GRASS
> datasets?  I am looking for ways to do semi-variograms, semi-correlograms,
> kriging, and a few others.

Have a look at ftp://pasture.ecn.purdue.edu/pub/mccauley

James D. Mccauley has programmed a loot of geostatistical add-ons for
GRASS, including a tool (with a tutorial!) for semivariography.

Also have a look at the incoming-dir on moon. A geoecological
tool-package called fragstats should be there, and it might be able to do
what you're looking for.

> I just bought a copy of GSLIB, by Deutsch and Journel, but I am curious about
> other possibilities.  Is anyone out there working on similar stuff?

What is GSLIB?

Wendelin, wreich at gwdg.de