Compiling GRASS 4.1 on Sun Ultra

Justin Hickey jhickey
Mon Dec 2 04:27:17 EST 1996

Hi Sandra

On Nov 29, 11:23am, Sandra Archilli wrote:
> Subject: Compiling GRASS 4.1 on Sun Ultra
> - During the compilation of  $GIS/src/xgrass/libes/Xgi directory, the
> following types are unknown: XmMangerClassPart, XmPrimitiveClassPart, etc.
> Shuold I include in the involved source files, the corrisponding
> Xm/ManagerP.h, Xm/PrimitiveP.h, etc?

-- End of excerpt from Sandra Archilli

Sorry I can't help you with the other problems but the Xm problem above is one
that I had as well. It seems as though you have Motif 2.0 installed in which
the XmManagerClassPart etc are no longer defined. I contacted the Open Software
Foundation (OSF - the creators of Motif) regarding this problem and I've
included their reply below (along with my original question). Unfortunately,
priorities of my projects changed shortly after I ran into this problem and I
haven't had a chance to try their suggestion, however I don't see why it
wouldn't work. I posted messages to this list concerning this problem and
future implications in general but didn't get much of a response.

Another option is to look into using Grasslands at
	 http://www.cecer.army.mil/grass/LAS/
Although the software is not free for windowsNT or windows95, it is free for
unix workstations (at least it was the last time I looked) and they may have a
version for your platform.

Good luck.

The message I sent to OSF -----

--- Forwarded mail from <jhickey at impact1.hpcc.nectec.or.th> ("Justin Hickey")