is GRASS good for my job?

Pat Luther pluther at usit.net
Fri Dec 6 11:39:55 EST 1996

Foschi:

A person with my company is currently porting a vector routing module to
GRASS.  GRASS does not support vector analysis at the present time.  If
you are interested in the vector module please let me know-

Pat Luther

At 12:08 PM 12/6/96 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>  I've to scan several maps and then extract from them cities and routes
>  beetwen them, I also need to read from map numbers (such as lengths of
routes)
>  and words (such as names of cities). Does GRASS could help me in automating
>  this task? More specially, does Grass could detect feaures, made OCR and/or
>  vectorize lines and curves in my scanned maps?
>
> I've not access to this newsgroup/mailing-list then I nees e-mail response.
>
>Thanks for every help.
>
>Foschi Paolo,
>University of Bologna
>course of Computer Science in Cesena.
>(Sorry for my English).

Pat Scarbrough Luther		"Your dream is the gift of
AEgis Services Corporation	your own soul.  But if it's
P.O. Box 160			promise is to be fulfilled,
Clinton, TN 37717		you must turn your eyes from
Phone	423.457.8242		the world of men, and dare
FAX	423.457.8620		to fly among the stars....
Internet pluther at usit.net	After all, we are born with
				wings".  	Robert Sexton