v.in.arc: some doubts

Giovanna Ranci ranci at quercia.elet.polimi.it
Fri Dec 27 10:55:59 EST 1996

I'm trying to import arc/info ungenerate files in Grassland using v.in.arc grass function, but I have some doubts:

1) where I have to store my arc/info ungenerate files? I mean, can I store them everywhere if I write the whole path (ex. c:/grassland/adamello/rivers.lin,..) ? do I need to write the file extensions (.lin, .txt, .pol, .lab)? Are these file extensions rigth?
Importing line coverage type, I wrote the complete path both with or without file extensions (.lin for arc/info ungenerate lines file and .txt for arc/info label-text file) but result is:
"vinarc: Coverage type = line
cannot find ARC/INFO lines file (rivers)"

2) Can the GRASS category column in label-text file be the same that the ID number column in label-text file ?

Every help is welcome.
Happy new year to everybody.

Giovanna Ranci Ortigosa
e-mail: ranci @quercia.elet.polimi.it