open area lines in closed polygons.

Philip Verhagen philip at raap2.ivambv.uva.nl
Mon Feb 26 07:00:00 EST 1996

> From grass-lists-owner at moon.cecer.army.mil Fri Feb 23 19:57 eur 1996
> X400-Received: by mta nogal.csic in /PRMD=iris/ADMD=400net/C=es/; Relayed; Fr
i,
> keep on with problems with this coastlines vector.
> Mysteriously, there are closed polygons made up of
> edges that are open area lines. Hence, I cannot
> label the polygons as areas and get wrong results from
> v.cutter.
>
> What can I do to convert these open area lines into
> closed area lines? I repeat that the polygon is closed,
> all nodes are 2-lines nodes.

Agus,

sounds to me like you're having double lines in your file, of
the kind that share the same position but do not share
the nodes. You can check this by going into v.digit, moving
a line of the offending polygon and redraw. Editing however
will not be the greatest of pleasures :). Hope this helps,

Philip Verhagen

                     philip at raap2.ivambv.uva.nl

                              R  A  A  P

                        Plantage Muidergracht 14