Map resolution

Susan Huse sue at wohler.regis.berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 1 07:00:00 EST 1996

On Thu, 1 Feb 1996, Joel Peterson wrote:

> I am using GRASS, linked with a model, the model requires that I have 300
> or less cells.  I have a map which contains roughly 1000 cell.  Is there a
> way to 're-cell' this map?  I tried changing the resolution in g.region,
> but when I start using the model interface it defaults back to the orginal
> 1000.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joel

You can use r.resample to create a new map at the coarser resolution.
Change the resolution to teh preferred one with g.region as you
did before.  Then use r.resample to create a new map with this
as its resolution.  Each raster map includes information about its
inherent resolution.  The model you are using is probably reading
the resolution from teh cellhd/ file rather then the current region.

 Susan Huse         /\       http://www.regis.berkeley.edu/sue
 REGIS       /  \ /    \/  \ /\    sue at regis.berkeley.edu
 University of California  /    /  \ (510) 643-6307
   Berkeley        \      /         \