SGI and d.mon iris trouble

Bill Brown brown at gis.uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 24 07:00:00 EST 1996

Matt,

I've not encountered the problems you mention with the iris monitor,
but I can answer your questions about SG3d.  If you compiled GRASS
yourself, SG3d was probably not automatically compiled because it
is in src.contrib, so you will have to go to the source directory
to compile it. (src.contrib/CERL/SGI/SG3d )  But if this is the
case, you should probably download the latest version from
moon.cecer.army.mil/grass/incoming/SG3d.  This version is much better
than the one that was released with GRASS4.1.  There are also binaries
available at the same directory if you have a binary-only distribution.
The install instructions are there too.  Once it is installed, you
can get help with the commands:
SG3d help
or
g.manual SG3d

You can also take a look at the tutorial at:
http://softail.cecer.army.mil/grass/viz/sg3d.tut.html

Yes, I think you will find it much more friendly than d.3d.

- Bill
brown at gis.uiuc.edu