LAUNCHING GRASS FROM A SCRIPT?

Bill Brown brown at gis.uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 17 07:00:00 EST 1996

Just another thought relating to this subject - the UNIX "at"
command run within a GRASS session has been very useful for me
when I have a resource-intensive job to do because I can schedule
it for after-hours and then continue to use GRASS in various
mapsets & locations for the rest of the day, exit and log out.
It'a a good idea to set the current region within your "at"
script or command in case you changed it.  You also have to make
sure the last location/mapset you were in before logging out is
the same as what will be needed by your script or command you run
with "at".

- Bill Brown
brown at gis.uiuc.edu