Floating pnt upgrade on SGI - recompile trouble

Peter Briggs pbriggs at enmech.csiro.au
Fri Jan 12 07:00:00 EST 1996

Hi, I'm trying to compile the floating point upgrade on our SGI Indigo2
(R4400 chipset).  When I ran GISGEN it got as far as front.end and died.
Olga kindly provided part of the solution--that the gis library was not
recompiling. I removed all the .o files in src/libes/gis and recompiled with
gmake4.1.  Resuming GISGEN got me as far as d.display.  I then recompiled
everything in the src/libes/* directories but GISGEN still falls down at
d.points, unable to resolve 'region'.

Can anybody suggest what to do next?

Cheers, and thanks,

Peter Briggs
CSIRO Centre for Environmental Mechanics
GPO Box 821, Canberra, ACT 2601, Australia
ph:  +61 6 246 5554   fax:  +61 6 246 5560
email:  pbriggs at enmech.csiro.au
http://www.enmech.csiro.au/pyelab/people/pbcv.htm