hardcopy from SG3d

Bob Courtney courtney at agc.bio.ns.ca
Wed Jan 3 07:00:00 EST 1996

??96?01?51?28?pm at bnr.ca>
content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
organization: University of Illinois at Urbana
mime-version: 1.0
reply-to: grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
newsgroups: info.grass.user
originator: daemon at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

> Hello,
>
> Is there some way, other than using a screen capture, to generate harcopy
> output from SG3d? I'd like to generate an image file (SGI raster, xwd, cgm,
> whatever, ...), import the image into a package such as CorelDraw for
> annotation, and then create a postscript file to send to our 1800 dpi laser
> printer. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> John Shimeld
> ab340 at ccn.cs.dal.ca

Use the image dump option on the main menu of SG3d  to create a SGI .rgb
format file of the main screen.
Read this file into xv, gamma correct by a factor of
1.7 and then save in your favorite image file format.

Bob