Geo rectifing photos

Bart Cosyn Bart.Cosyn at rug.ac.be
Thu Jul 25 03:21:21 EDT 1996

This should be very easy to do. You only got to know how i.points or
i.vpoints work. When you use i.points (after running i.group to get a
list of the images to rectify and i.target to tell where the rectified
image must be putted) a file POINTS is made in
$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/group/name_ofthegroup.
This file has an easy format (5 colums y:x:y_rectified:x_rectified:?)
In which column 5 contains 0(=exclude) or 1 (=include). In fact you can
edit this file and enter the 3d and 4th column. 1 and 2 of the original
image can be found using d.where!

To got more information try to run i.points on a test photo and check the
format of the files! I refer to

http://taoren.rug.ac.be/~bart/paper/node50.html

to get more info!

			Bart

	| ir. Bart Cosyn				  |
	| VLIR-project Tunisia				  |
	| Laboratory for Hydrology and Water Management	  |
	| University of Gent 			 	  |
	| Coupure 653, B-9000 Gent			  |
        | Belgium 					  |
	| Tel: +/32/9/2646137				  |