v.proj & aea

Jill Schuler jschuler at tulip.itc.nrcs.usda.gov
Tue Jul 30 08:00:00 EDT 1996

%%From: "Mike Hanratty" <hanra001 at gold.tc.umn.edu>
%%Has anyone encountered this problem with the SCS contributed module v.proj?
%%When I try to convert from Albers Equal Area to another projection, I get the

%%following error message:
%%
%%major axis, radius = 0, or not spec'ed
%%cannot initializa pj
%%
%%If anyone has a fix for this I would greatly appreciate it, since my STATSGO
DLG
%%files are in this projection.
%Minneapolis, MN 55414
%%
%%

I would bet that the spheroid is not defined in the PROJ_INFO file under
the PERMANENT mapset --or-- that proj does not recognize the information
in an existing PROJ_INFO file.  The NRCS v.proj code requires the USGS proj
4.0 code --not the code under src/libes/proj.

The projection libraries may need rebuilding using src.contrib/SCS/libes/proj

Jill

     ____     __ ________ _____  _______        .
      / \   //  /    // /    // /     //       / \
     /  \  //  /    // /       /              /   \
    /   \ //  /____// /       / ____///      /.....\/\    /\

Jill R. Schuler
USDA
Natural Resource Conservation Service