Importing DRG

Louis Clarke lclarke at alb-co-r.swa.usace.army.mil
Fri Jun 7 08:00:00 EDT 1996

I have a digital raster graphic (DRG) that I obtained from Texas Natural
Resource Conservation Commission.  I can display this using arcview 1,
however I want to get this into GRASS.  The image consists of two files, a
TIFF 6.0 8-bit color pallette packbit compressed file and a TIFF World File
that defines the geographic location.

What procedures would I use to get this geographically referenced image into
GRASS 4.1?  Does GrassLand have an import utility?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Louis Clarke                           U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
lclarke at alb-co-r.swa.usace.army.mil    Albuquerque District
voice (505)342-3281                    Regulatory Branch
fax (505)342-3498                      http://www.swa-wc.usace.army.mil/reg/