IDRISI to GRASS

Sue Tewalt x6437 stewalt at ncrds.er.usgs.gov
Mon Jun 3 08:00:00 EDT 1996

ay?31??96?04?00?03?pm at bnr.ca>
content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
organization: University of Illinois at Urbana
mime-version: 1.0
reply-to: grassu at isis.cecer.army.mil
newsgroups: info.grass.user
originator: daemon at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

> Does anyone know how to import IDRISI files into GRASS?  I thought I saw
> something on this list server that mentioned a r.in.idrisi command at one
> time, but can't seem to track it down.
>
> Pamela Sydelko

The only notes I have is the following:

My work-around was to use the TIFIDRIS
program that comes with the IDRISI GIS program to create an IDRISI
raster file. The 8-bit IDRISI raster files are GRASS compatible. Put
them in the cell directory and run r.support.

> Argonne National Lab

I do not know why the r.in.ascii procedure is not working to import
the file from IDRISI. However, if the raster is a one-byte image
(values from 0-255), there is no need to do a conversion. The IDRISI
image can be placed in the CELL directory of the desired mapset. Then
run r.support to create the necessary header information.
Jim Schmidt
US Forest Service
Sonora, CA 95370
209-532-3671