s.surf.tps

Angus Carr apcarr at FLASH.LakeheadU.CA
Tue Mar 26 07:00:00 EST 1996

On Mon, 25 Mar 1996, Helena Mitasova wrote:

> Has anybody used s.surf.tps with this version of GRASS?
> Do you get any warnings or error messages from
> the program, have you checked your region and resolution properly
> (run d.sites with the same region you are using when running
> s.surf.tps)

For what it's worth, when I was running the older binaries for Linux, I
tried s.surf.tps on a sites file that was correctly formatted, using
perfectly correct settings. It tossed out all my points. I was a little
miffed.
I immediately walked over to the SUN box, which, through some
jiggery-pokery with nfs and userid numbers, used exactly the same files
as the Linux box.
It worked first time, with no thought required on my part. I then ran the
program on the SUN for the rest of the time I needed it.

As a thought- could it be that PC's running Linux are using the
other-endian data structures for multi-byte integers compared to most
UNIX boxes? I have run into this problem with i.in.erdas too. It screwed
me up for quite a while setting up an ERDAS export filter that I tested
against i.in.erdas.

Angus.