PROBLEM: d.mon fail on OSF/1

Louis Clarke lclarke at alb-co-r.swa.usace.army.mil
Mon Mar 25 07:00:00 EST 1996

Tielin Zhang wrote:

> > When I start the GRASS and try
> > to do "d.mon start=x0", I always get following error:
> > ________
> > GRASS 4.1 > d.mon start=x0
> > Graphics driver [x0] is already running
> > Error - Could not complete locking process for monitor <x0>.
> > Lock file is /usr/local/grass/axp/locks/aqua/mon.99913
> > Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
> > Error - Could not complete locking process for monitor <x0>.
> > Lock file is /usr/local/grass/axp/locks/aqua/mon.99913
> > ________
>
> In my above question, the error message was actually:
> > Graphics driver [x0] started
>
> When I run "d.mon start=x0" the first time. The rest of the error was the sam
e and I
> got a window open on my desktop. But it was NOT locked?
> If I try the d.mon the second time, I got above "already running" and the res
t error
> still the same.

After removing the lock file, do you still have a monitor process running?
(use ps -ef | more)

Talk to you later.
Louis Clarke                           U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
lclarke at alb-co-r.swa.usace.army.mil    Albuquerque District
voice (505)342-3281                    Regulatory Branch
fax (505)342-3498                      http://www.swa-wc.usace.army.mil/reg/