PROBLEM: d.mon fail on OSF/1

Tielin Zhang Tielin.Zhang at tvrl.lth.se
Mon Mar 25 07:00:00 EST 1996

Tielin Zhang wrote:

> Dear experts,
>
> Please help me with the following problem. I'm new to both Unix and GRASS!
>
> I downloaded and installed the GRASS 4.1 pre-compiled version for ALPHA axp o
> our alpha axp running Digital Unix 3.2c (OSF/1?). When I start the GRASS and
try
> to do "d.mon start=x0", I always get following error:
> ________
> GRASS 4.1 > d.mon start=x0
> Graphics driver [x0] is already running
> Error - Could not complete locking process for monitor <x0>.
> Lock file is /usr/local/grass/axp/locks/aqua/mon.99913
> Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
> Error - Could not complete locking process for monitor <x0>.
> Lock file is /usr/local/grass/axp/locks/aqua/mon.99913
> ________

In my above question, the error message was actually:
> Graphics driver [x0] started

When I run "d.mon start=x0" the first time. The rest of the error was the same
and I
got a window open on my desktop. But it was NOT locked?
If I try the d.mon the second time, I got above "already running" and the rest
error
still the same.

Please someone help me find the error!

Thanks