postscript printing problem

Scott Grover ScottG at horne.com
Wed Mar 20 07:00:00 EST 1996

At 03:46 PM 3/18/96 -0500, you wrote:

>> I am using grass4.1.5 on linux (slack 3.0, k1.2.13).
>> i am trying to generate some post script plots, but
>> get a segmentation fault when I try to run ps.map. I
>> have the ps drivers configured and selected correctly. I am
>> also getting a floating point excpetion error on a machine running
>> grass4.1.3 (slack 2.3, k1.2.8). It has no coprocessor,
>> but has floating point emulation enabled in the kernel...
>
>Did you get the segmentation fault error every time?  Has anyone had the same
>error with the Linux GRASS 4.15 binaries that available on moon?
>
>Kang,

I have had similar problems with Linux (slak 3.0, kl. 1.2.13) and GRASS
(ver. 4.15 for Linux).  I installed the "new" ps.map from JS last week which
seems to work well with raster files, but only small vector files.  It
responds with an "out of memory" message.  I have 16 megs of ram and a 20
meg swap file.  Any dig file over 13K causes the memory problem.
-Scott Grover
scottg at horne.com