agleader 2000 yield

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at mcs.com
Tue Mar 12 07:00:00 EST 1996

In article <4i1hg4$9rm at solaris.cc.vt.edu>,
Oscar Aguilar <oscar at unconfigured.xvnews.domain> wrote:
[modified to fit normal terminal widths]
>I am looking for a tool that allows me to import agleader 2000 yield
>monitor data into grass. I will be great if I can have the source code
>also ( if it is public domain ). Any feedback on this matter will be
>greatly appretiated.
>
>                                       Thanks
>
>                                       Oscar (oscar at vtagemp04.ageng.vt.edu)

I use GRASS for this.

Are you talking about the text files (.dat or .txt) or the raw
PCMCIA card image (.yld)? If the former, look at s.in.ascii.
For the latter, you'll have to contact either Ted Macy at Agris
(Atlanta, GA) or Al Meyers himself. The format is proprietary
and noone, to my knowledge, has taken the time to reverse engineer
it.

Now, to get this into a raster format, you may want to look
at http://www.mcs.com/~mccauley/WWW/bib/
There's a paper I've submitted on bivariate interpolation
(for precision farming) to _Trans of ASAE_.

Does anyone else reading grassu-list use GRASS for precision farming
applications?

Darrell
--
Darrell McCauley, PhD; mccauley at mcs.com; http://www.mcs.com/~mccauley/