Grass maps v/s html

Louis Clarke lclarke at alb-co-r.swa.usace.army.mil
Wed Nov 27 15:29:17 EST 1996

Hi Ian,
     Have you checked out grasslinks?  This was written by Dr. Susan Huse
and can be modified.  It is a very nice interface that allows the general
public to query the GRASS database and generate custom maps that are then
sent as gif's to the requesting machine.  Check it out:

http://www.regis.berkeley.edu:80/grasslinks/

> Hello Fellow Grassmates ,
>

> I am writing an application which needs to display grass raster maps in a
> browser window like Netscape .The idea is for the client to get the grass
> commands executed  remotely on a server and see the resultant maps on his
> browser window instead of the graphics monitor.
> I have the foll Q's
> 1. How do I convert the raster file formats to a format like .gif which
>    can then be displayed by a browser .
>
> 2. Is there any shareware available which does this ?
>

> Thanks!
>
> Ian

I hope this helps.