grass to arc

Schmidt avenues at sonnet.com
Wed Sep 11 09:24:04 EDT 1996

At 11:53 AM 9/10/96 +0100, you wrote:
>GRASS users:
>
>I am interested in ways of converting GRASS raster and vector files to
>ArcInfo files while retaining attribute info.  If you have successfully
>accomplished this task, could you please post your method?
>
>thanks
>-scott

The IMAGEGRID command seems to work well for bringing raster data into
ARCGRID, but only if the environment variable GISDBASE is set on the Arc
Info platform. GISDBASE gives Arc the path to your mapset and location. The
mapset, location, and map name are input with the IMAGEGRID command, for
example:
 IMAGEGRID spearfish:PERMANENT:elevation <output grid name>.

Jim Schmidt
avenues at sonnet.com