XDRIVER24

Cliff Wood cbwood at vt.edu
Wed Aug 13 09:18:57 EDT 1997

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997 00:03:26 -0600 (MDT), Richard Nairn wrote:

>Yes, it is at moon.  It requires a little work to compile it in
>(moving directories and editing your monitorcap). Then you won't get
>the error.  It is fairly easy to do... It solves the problem of
>running out of colors but grass still doesn't have the best support
>for 24bit displays.. I don't know - does anyone know if some of the
>display commands have been changed to use more then 24 bit? It would
>really come in handy for sattelite imagery.
>
>Anyway give it a go...

True. As far as I can see, a big problem is color matching between the
standard drawing programs (d.graph, d.labels) and rastar maps. What Grass
really needs is a way to ADD to the standard color table (a d.colors
extension, maybe?). I've found the color table in the source code, but
haven't gotten the go ahead to recompile here.

We'll see how things go in the coming weeks.

Thanks, Jason.

Clifton Wood
cbwood at vt.edu
AGNIS Dept - ISIS Lab @ Virginia Tech