2 Questions: Floating Point & Multiple Command Tools

Alastair Duncan 100074.213 at compuserve.com
Fri Feb 21 05:06:42 EST 1997

Hello,

Question 1:

As it was released I downloaded the first patch of floating point GRASS and the
first two update packages last year. Having just visited the GRASS ftp site I
see that there is now update patch 8 and 9, as well as a complete patch to take
normal GRASS to floating point in one go. As I stopped at update patch 3 which
of the new patches should I use - 8 and 9, or go for the complete patch??

Question 2:

Is it possible to modify GRASS so that I can have more than one command tool
running GRASS at the same time from the same UNIX login, so that I can have lots
of GRASS programmes running at the same time with the same data ?? If so, how??

Cheers, Al.