Installing Grass on DEC ALPHA'S and HP's

Simon Cox simon at ned.dem.csiro.au
Wed Jan 8 09:45:13 EST 1997

Ian, David, other DEC victims

We are currently going through the process of upgrading
our Grass installation on our Alphas.  We are using
James Ganong's latest version of the patches, and are
also doing the floating-point/null upgrade.  We are part way
through the exercise so far but have not discovered any problems
we couldn't solve.  We are keeping careful track of all the mods
and tricks, and should be in a position to post these to
the list in a week or so.  If y'all can hold tight for a little
while, I think we should be able to help.

Simon Cox
Dr Simon Cox - Australian Geodynamics Cooperative Research Centre
CSIRO Exploration & Mining,  PO Box 437,  Nedlands, WA 6009 Australia
T:  +61 9 389 8421    F:  +61 9 389 1906   simon at ned.dem.csiro.au
http://www.ned.dem.csiro.au/unrestricted/people/CoxSimon/