GRASS-Linux binaries on CD-ROM

Schmidt avenues at sonnet.com
Fri Jan 24 03:17:11 EST 1997

At 02:18 PM 1/23/97 -0500, you wrote:

>>For those who might want to get copies of the GRASS binaries for Linux on
>>CD-ROM (either Andy Burnett's original a.out version or Kang's first ELF
>>version), the binaries are included on the two CD's that come with the book:
>
>>Linux Configuration and Installation
>>Second Edition, 1996
>>by Patrick Volkerding, Kevin Reichard, Eric E. Johnson
>>522pp.
>>The MIS:PRESS
>>http://www.mispress.com
>>ISBN: 1-55828-492-3
>>US $39.95
>>CAN $55.95
>
>>Also included on the CD's is the Slackware 96 Linux distribution based on
>>the Linux 2.0 kernel.
>
>>Jim Schmidt
>>avenues at sonnet.com
>
>Have you checked with Andy or Kang?  I personally have no problem with it but
>I am not responsible for any problems that a user might have on the binaries.
>I am not talking about $ but about responsibility.
>
>I do not wish to receive any phone call or e-mail because the binaries is in
>your CD-ROM.  I wish that you have a disclaimer somewhere in your book or
>CD-ROM.
>
>Kang

Perhaps my message was not clear. I am not the author of the book or the
CD's. I just happened to pick the book up at a bookstore. I thought it might
be of interest to those who may not be able to download the GRASS binaries
over the Internet or who might just like the convenience of getting both
Linux and GRASS in a CD format.

As far as I can tell, the binaries are the same as those available on the
moon. As noted by Dave Mandel, the GRASS source code is, unfortunately, not
included on the CD.

Jim Schmidt
avenues at sonnet.com