v.in.arc error messages (fwd)

Philip Verhagen philip at raap2.ivambv.uva.nl
Fri Jan 24 10:05:23 EST 1997

> From owner-grassu at isis.cecer.army.mil Fri Jan 24 14:58 eur 1997
> From: Giovanna Ranci <ranci at quercia.elet.polimi.it>
> Subject: v.in.arc error messages (fwd)
> To: grassu at cecer.army.mil
> Date: Fri, 24 Jan 97 11:28:18 MET
> Cc: grassp at cecer.army.mil
> Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]
>

> > I'm trying to import data in arc/info ungenerate format using v.in.arc GRASS function.
> >
> > I succesfully imported all lines data type but one (which is the biggest and the most important map, of course):
> > error message "Premature EOF - Reading #1" appears: what does it mean? what could be wrong in my ungenerate files?
> >
> > Futhermore I didn't succeded in importing any polygon data type:
> > error message "Error: Reading LABEL-TEXT or LABEL-POINTS file" appears. Once more: what does it mean? what could be wrong in my ungenerate files?
> > I already checked for the correspondance between polygon id in files .pol, .lab and .txt.
> >
> > Any help is welcome.
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Giovanna Ranci Ortigosa
> > e-mail: ranci at quercia.elet.polimi.it

It's very difficult to judge from here, but some of the most obvious errors
with these imports are:

- the ungenerate files are not stored in $LOCATION/arc, so v.in.arc cannot
find them
- the ungenerate files should be converted to Unix format with dos2unix
- the END statement is missing on the last line of the files
- you're trying to read files that are ungenerated with the POLYGON option
in ARC/INFO instead of separately ungenerated LINES and POINTS

Hope this helps!

Philip Verhagen

                     philip at raap2.ivambv.uva.nl

                              R  A  A  P