No subject

Nicola Fohrer Nicola.Fohrer at agrar.uni-giessen.de
Mon Jun 2 11:32:24 EDT 1997

Dear Grass Users,

importing Ascii-File to Erdas Gis - exporting as Grass -File

I have created a map (DEM) in Erdas by reading an ASCII-File. The
data type is Float Single and the projection is Transverse Mercator.
Exporting this map as a Grass-file, Erdas gives the warning that
float data can only be exported as integer.
If I accept and create a location and mapset it can only be imported
into Grass without any projection (plane) although it is exported as
Transverse Mercator.
1. Is Grass not able to manage float data maps ?
2. How can I save the projection TM during the transfer from Erdas to
    Grass ?

Stephan

Dr. sc. agr. Nicola Fohrer
Wissenschaftliche Assistentin