idealized elevation model / linux

RCY at swedforest.se RCY at swedforest.se
Thu Jun 19 06:05:17 EDT 1997

> in the manual of the Water Resource Assessment Tool (WRAT) is
> described, how to start erosion- and runoff-modelling: "The actual
> analysis may begin using the digital elevation model to produce an
> idealized elevation model." I am using GRASS on Linux and don´t have
> access to WRAT. So, please, can anyone tell me, how to build up a
> idealized (depressionless?) elevation map manualy?

WRAT is under src.contrib/NMSU/WRAT , just compile it and run it; the
idealized elevation model is produced by wrat itself.

otherwise, you may use r.neighbors and then edit the wrat project file,
writing there tre name of your newly elevation map.

good luck!

Roger

> |============================================================|
> |     Frank Lederer          phone: +49/069/4960545          |
> |     Sandweg 64             Lederer at em.uni-frankfurt.de     |
> |     D-60316 Frankfurt/Main                                 |

Swedforest International AB
Combining Local Competence in a Global Network

Internet Home Page  http://www.swedforest.se

Visit Address       Enhagsslingan 4, TAEBY
Postal Address      Box 527, S-183 25 TAEBY, Sweden

Phone               +46 8 6383200
Fax                 +46 8 7587430