importing a .lan

Angus Carr apcarr at FLASH.LakeheadU.CA
Thu Mar 6 12:13:58 EST 1997

You have run into the infamous byte-order problem, I suspect.
GRASS's i.in.erdas fails to check for byte-order when it imports erdas
files. This caused me a problem testing my i.out.erdas program. I ended up
adding a switch to the command line to switch byte order.

I don't really have a solution directly, but I can make a suggestion if
you don't mind getting a little code under your fingernails. The
i.out.erdas filter to which I refer has a complete format spec in it for
the ERDAS format. You could read in the erdas header as an erdas_h type
(see my code) switch around the order of the bytes (again, a simple
function in that code) and spit it back out. You could even convince me to
do it for you, but I am a little busy right now. It could even make it
no-longer BIP format, but the more conventional BIL format, but that might
actually require effort.

The code to which I refer is at http://blue.lakeheadu.ca/pub/grass
I should warn you about the filter it compiles- it drops the geocoding.
Someday, I will fix it...

Angus Carr.