sites & elevation map

Philip Verhagen philip at raap2.ivambv.uva.nl
Fri Mar 14 05:27:32 EST 1997

> I did a GRASS site list file for a zone and now i have an elevation map
> for the same zone.
>
> Problem: how can i obtain a new site list file (or anything else) with also
> 	 the altitude for these sites?

Use s.menu option 8 - Run Reports; choose option 4 - Produce
machine readable data file; this will give you the raster value of the
elevation for each site. Unfortunately, the output is not in site_list format,
so you'll need to manipulate the resulting file into a GRASS site list.
Option 1 - Site characteristics report will give you a list in a more
friendly format, but which will be more difficult to manipulate.

Hope this helps,

Philip Verhagen

                     philip at raap2.ivambv.uva.nl

                              R  A  A  P