grass and gnuplot?

Justin Hickey jhickey
Wed May 21 05:50:07 EDT 1997

Hello Paul

On May 19, 11:43pm, Paul W. Box wrote:
> Subject: grass and gnuplot?
>
> I  may be imagining this, but it seems like I remember reading somewhere
> about grass being able to write output in a format that is useable by
> gnuplot.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?  I can't find anything
> about this in the documentation that I have been reading.

Darrell McCauley of Purdue University wrote a g.gnuplot command that (if I
remember correctly) allowed you to use gnuplot in a grass graphics window (x0,
x1, etc.). I don't know if it had any other features in terms of generating
data from grass for gnuplot. I checked to see if Darrell's site still had the
g.gnuplot tar file but I couldn't access it. You may have better luck. If you
do obtain the tar file you should look at the file "makefile.g" in the gnuplot
root directory. That's the file written by Darrell. If you can't get the tar
file let me know and I'll put it on our ftp site for you. I also noticed in the
outgoing directory of moon a g.gnuplot.3d command for 3d plotting (if you're
interested) but it requires g.gnuplot.

Hope this helps.

--
Sincerely,