mapgen how to!

Stephan Eickschen eicksch at uni-muenster.de
Tue Nov 4 17:06:36 EST 1997

Hi Jill-

I have fixed some of the problems: I am running tcsh, so in mapgen4.1,
l245 "csh" hat to be replaced by "tcsh". After that, the search path
and the prompt was as expected. But there is still a problem with the
executables in $GIS/mapgen/interface - as you´ve mentioned, they are
compiled for sunos 4.1.3, but not for IRIX5.3 ...
Is there a possibility to get the source code??? I couldn´t find it at
ftp://ftp.nrcs.usda.gov/centers/itc/applications/mapgen/, and - as far
as I know - they do not belong to the USGS release, do they???

Regards,

	Stephan