orthorectification,aerial photographs

Schmidt avenues at sonnet.com
Wed Sep 17 08:18:19 EDT 1997

I have used i.ortho.photo on scans of aerial photos that are missing one
edge (and some of the fiducial marks) because our scanner is not quite big
enough to capture a whole 10x10 inch aerial photo. The results still seem to
be very good - at least for my purposes. I have even used the routine on
aerial photos for which I do not have a camera focal length or measurements
of the camera fiducial marks. I have substituted the measurements from
another camera. The results were not as exact but still useable. (I was
comparing aerial photos from 1944 with current photos).

Jim Schmidt

avenues at sonnet.com