ERDAS to GRASS

Tom Meixner tom at hwr.arizona.edu
Tue Apr 7 18:30:58 EDT 1998

I am using GRASS4.2 for a research project I am
working on in Colorado.  My colleagues tend to
use ERDAS alot and I need to convert some images
from ERDAS into GRASS format.  I have been trying
to use the i.in.erdas command to do this but with
little success.  Most of the images I need to
convert have only 1 band so there is really
little conflict in the conversion.

Whenever I run i.in.erdas I get an error stating
that the ERDAS file cannot be opened.  I have a
feeling I have the ERDAS file in the wrong place
or in the wrong format.  I have tried a number of
different ways to do this conversion all to know
avail.  Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Tom Meixner

I have included below a transcript of the process
I have used:

Mapset <tomin Location
<GLV>
GRASS 4.2 i.in.erdas