GRASS on MkLinux/lock

Stevan Bullard sbullard at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 17 15:15:48 EDT 1998

At 6:43 PM 4/14/98, R. Joe Brandon wrote:
>Has anyone sucessfully ported GRASS to MklInux, the Mac Linux?

Not successfully :-)   I've gotten 4.2.1 to mostly compile under Mklinux
but when I try to start Grass I get this message "usage : ,file pid  Unable
to properly access / root/.gislock   Please notify system personel".  I'm
the only system personel here and I don't really know what I'm doing so
that's not a very helpful suggestion.  I don't know if I'm close to being
up and running or not even in the ballpark.