Running Grass on Debian

Adalberto da Silva adalbert at iag.usp.br
Sun Apr 26 10:55:25 EDT 1998

Hello, Markus and Grass users!

	This is only a note for Grass under Debian Linux.

	I'm using Debian Linux 1.3 R3 and Markus' latest Grass binaries. I
found a minor problem with termcap libraries and Grass because Debian
does not use these libraries and obviously Grass reffuses to work
without them.

	But there's a simple solution from Debian distribution itself: one must
install termcap-compat*.deb package and everything just run fine!

	I hope this can help users that are running Grass on Debian Linux.

	Adalberto da Silva
	Instituto Astronomico e Geofisico - USP
	Sao Paulo - Brasil
	adalbert at iag.usp.br