IRIX 64 6.4 - GRASS

Bill Hughes bhughes at grasshopper.grasshoppernet.com
Mon Aug 3 19:55:44 EDT 1998

Mr. Eichschen;
   I read your list of errors from compiling GRASS, and I'd like
to suggest that you can work around the 'ranlib' error by replacing
'ranlib' with 'ar -s'.  According to the man page for Linux, the
two commands are identical.
   I am working on some patches to get GRASS to compile on the
64-bit Linux/Alpha platform.  I have a patch at:
http://www.grasshoppernet.com/~bhughes
I have not made many 64-bit changes - the biggest problem is that
the code assumes integers where pointers are needed.  My patches
fix a few coding errors, but mostly they provide the proper
prototypes for GRASS libraries and system functions.
   I hope that this patch might be useful for your IRIX port.

Good luck with 64-bit GRASS;
Bill Hughes