Importing ArcInfo files e00 format?

Shawn Francis aem at yknet.yk.ca
Wed Aug 19 12:45:34 EDT 1998

GRASS users:

        Re: ArcInfo vector import.

        We have had great luck converting .e00 to .ugn with a program called
Rosetta.  It works great to bring in vectors with a single attribute like
contours etc.  With a little creativity it is very effective.  It costs
about $120 US and also translates a number of other formats including
MapInfo, Idrisi, vector ascii, etc.  I don't mean to promote this product
but it has saved us on a number of occasions.  The website is www.tsoft.com.
If anyone would like to know the exact translation path I would be happy to
share.  It involves a little bit of text editing.

Shawn Francis

Applied Ecosystem Management Ltd.
Suite 100-211 Hawkins Street
Whitehorse, Yukon  Y1A 1X3