GRASS isn't working anymore

duncan_a at wrcplc.co.uk duncan_a at wrcplc.co.uk
Wed Feb 11 06:25:30 EST 1998

From:	NAME: Alistair Duncan
	FUNC: GIS Group <DUNCAN_A at SATURNA1@TITAN>
To:	NAME: GRASSU-List <smtp%"grassu-list at moon.cecer.army.mil"@internet>

Hello,

I just tried starting up GRASS 4.1.5 (binary release - not compiled from
source), and it doesn't work! It's been working fine until today, it starts up
with the usual dialog asking for mapset, location and database names - then
when I hit escape to proceed I get the following:-

/home/grass/grass4.1/etc/GIS.sh: g.gisenv: not found
/home/grass/grass4.1/etc/GIS.sh: g.gisenv: not found
/home/grass/grass4.1/etc/GIS.sh: LOCATION_NAME: parameter null or not set

Has anyone got any ideas why it isn't working? I'm running it on a Sun Sparc 2
running SunOS 4.1.3.

Thanks,
Alastair Duncan,
Water Research Centre,