digitizer under Solaris for x86

William L. Baker BakerWL at UWYO.EDU
Mon Jul 13 11:12:22 EDT 1998

Hello,

Trying to get my Kurta IS/THREE digitizer working
with GRASS 4.2 under Solaris 2.5.1 on an Intel Pentium
Pro.

I get a "Digitizer read error" after entering registration points
and hitting esc.

The diagnostics program for the Kurta shows that coordinates
are being received.  Switches are set correctly etc.

I did all the chmod 0666 /dev/ttya, and setting permissions
and ownership on the etc/digitizers directories stuff...

The one thing I did not do was edit the /etc/inittab file, as
it is a little different and somewhat odd on this Intel box.
There is no entry for ttya at all.  I was expecting something
like:
	05:23:off:/etc/getty ttya 9600

but didn't find it.  Anyone know how important this is, and
if this could be the problem?  Should I just add a line such
as this?  What does the "05:23" represent?

Bill