Concurrent use of GRASS4.2

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Thu Jul 16 04:25:09 EDT 1998

Hello,
Thanks for all the responses. Just a few more clarifications.
Appeciate your help

Angus Carr wrote:

> If you want five seperate users in their own spaces, use 5 users in their
> own accounts.

Yes I want at least 5 user but they should be able access the
sameGISDBASE,Location,and Mapset without affecting each other's current
region. I created 5 dummy locations.
Each of the five user logs in to GRASS selecting
one of the five dummy location and can access maps in the PERMANENT
mapset and create new maps in his own mapset. It works if all the users have
the same user id (UID). If I login as user with different UID, I get
a message saying that the user does not have access to any of the
available mapsets.Setting access to mapsets using the "g.access" command
does't have any effect. I do not understand why mapsets cannot be
accessed despite granting access for everyone (g.access option).

Any suggestions about providing access to GRASS data for users with
different UID.

Venkatesh Raghavan
raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp