Concurrent use of GRASS4.2

Conn Copas conn.copas at dsto.defence.gov.au
Thu Jul 16 22:26:09 EDT 1998

Venkatesh Raghavan <raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp> writes:

> Yes I want at least 5 user but they should be able access the
> sameGISDBASE,Location,and Mapset without affecting each other's current
> region. I created 5 dummy locations.

A single location with 6 mapsets, one for each different user plus PERMANENT, is
all that is required. Using Unix's 'chown -R', make sure individual mapset
directories are owned by each user. Using Unix's 'chmod -R', make sure PERMANENT
is readable to everyone and other mapsets may be written to by their owners.
Optionally, make individual mapsets readable to everyone, although it could be
better etiquette to allow their owners to decide that using 'g.access'.