tcltkgrass

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Nov 12 04:50:28 EST 1998

> Can someone tell me what is the latest status of tcltkgrass?

Certainly! We are currently testing TCLTKGRASS 2.5, which gets
a different behaviour that the previous releases:

 - The next tcltkgrass must be started within (!) GRASS.
   Advantage:
    - The shell window is usable as usual. In 2.4 release the cursor
      keys were not working etc. That is fixed now.

 - A new config menu allows to change fonts for tcltkgrass and
   customize the GRASS monitor size/position and CELL driver size.

 Jacques Bouchard has worked in these new features. It shall be released
soon (next week?).

> I noticed that in the latest binary distribution of GRASS that
> tcltkgrass is included, but that it is incomplete. In the tcltkgrass
> start up script the executable is commented out, with the comment that
> it is not required unless superview is running. Anyone out there know
> when the superview feature will be implemented? I am building an
> application with GRASS embedded in it and would like to use the features
> of superview.

The superview needs some more programming input. Volunteers are welcome.
The code is included in the tcltkgrass-package. Please contact me or
Jacques Bouchard, if you could help.

   Markus Neteler

Geographisches Institut           |            Institute of Geography
   Physische Geographie                          Physical Geography
 & Landschaftsoekologie                        & Landscape Ecology
Universitaet Hannover                 University of Hannover, Germany
                     neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
             http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/users/neteler/