PostGRASS is alive!

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sun Nov 15 08:44:10 EST 1998

Dear GRASS Community,

some people might remember the Sequoia 2000 project. That
time an interface GRASS-Postgres was written. The last years
it was quite calm, but now we present the new

  PostGRASS project: GRASS gets an interface to PostgreSQL
  by Carl Anderson <candrsn at mindspring.com>

The current home for PostGRASS is:
  http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/postgrass/

Background: GRASS still lacks of a powerful interface
  to (free) database management systems. PostgreSQL
  (www.postgresql.org) is such an DBMS. PostGRASS shall
  be GRASS with an interface to this DBMS for direct
  accessing postgres data through GRASS modules
  (currently available: d.site.pg, d.vect.pg, g.select.pg,
  g.table.pg, d.what.s.pg).

We hope to find more people interested in extending this
interface!

Markus Neteler